JOURNALS OF LIFE THAT WILL REMAIN AS MEMORIES

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Up Up On The Hill

We received an invitation to join Finance team to do an outdoor activity a few days back. It was a public holiday here yesterday. Remember my trip where we were back to nature? We were supposed to climb the hill but after a late night party and all, we skipped the program. So when I received an invitation email from the Director of Finance about the trip, I straight away replied that I want to join them. After confirming all the details and all, we gathered at our hotel at 4.30am. Yes 4.30 in the freaking morning. I went out for late night movie that night and came back home around 1.30am and I only had about 3 hours to sleep. Where we were going?

Date: May 7, 2010 Friday
Time: 4.30am
Where: Panorama Hill, Sungai Lembing Kuantan
What: Watching sunrise

fb wall


We left hotel around 4.40am with 5 cars and reached Sungai Lembing town around 5.30am. It was a quiet early morning drive.

waiting to climb

sungai lembing town at 5.30 in the morning

panorama hill sign board, where to watch sunrise

We started our climb at 6.00am without any guide as a few of us been there before, so it was quite easy for us. When they said the climb to the peak will take us about 45 minutes, I was like oh ok, not so difficult as I climbed Mount Ledang few years back and that took us few hours. I was thinking, I can do this. But oh dear, I was wrong! It was quite challenging and tough. With the dark and and view were limited even with touchlights. The route was easy to follow but, it has the steps and normal route. Climbing through the steps was the hardest one. Not even half way, most of us already tired and breathless. One of my colleague, Tharani even wanted to turn back. We had to stop at few checkpoints to rest. Towards the top, I almost gave up but strained myself as no way for me to turn back.
After 45 minutes of the hard work and breathless and sweating, we finally reached the peak and I couldn't say anything when I saw the view. Seriously, it was speechless.

all the tiredness and hard work are all worth it

the first thing we saw when we reached

reached on top of the peak

all of us, yes! we've made it

We waited for sunrise and took a lots of photos. You will feel something different and you will definitely enjoy the view. No words can describe how nice to see all those views.

breathtaking view

paradise

speechless

sunrise

what are they looking at?

refer to the earlier pic, they were looking and snap photos of me practicing some yoga. hehehehe

group photos before going down

We started to go down around 7.45 am and going down was much more easier and faster. And we can clearly see the route that we were taking to climb the hill.

on our way down

another few shots on our way down. we just get ready with the pose and asked our photographer for the day to capture it

the steps

reaching the ground

take a wild guess what is the meaning of those?

it is actually "public library"


We had breakfast at the famous yong tou fu in Sungai Lembing before went back. It was a fun trip. Even though it was damn tiring, but it was all worth it.

to complete my trip to sungai lembing. i got "north main street" and "market street" in my previous entry

leaving sungai lembing town

I seriously don't mind to go again..any takers?

2 comments:

Sam the One & Only and the Only One. said...

aha! i went there climbing before :D in fact that's my mum's hometown, i go there very often :) btw i'm just an ordinary blogger next door who's currently blog hopping :)

leendiaz said...

thanks for dropping by