JOURNALS OF LIFE THAT WILL REMAIN AS MEMORIES

Friday, February 6, 2009

Kuala Terengganu Trip

,I was in Kuala Terengganu for about 3 days. There was a hearing for court case for the former employee against former owner of my current workplace. But the former owner needs witnesses who are currently working with us now and I need to go as an observer for new owner.

Day 1, Tuesday

We left hotel after lunch around 1.30pm. It was a slow journey and reached Kuala Terengganu around 5.00pm and stopped at Dungun for a quick refresher. After checked in, we went out to find out where exactly the location of the Industrial Court. We had early dinner at this one restaurant name ‘Paya Keladi Seafood’. The food was not nice. Not that bad, but for that fried rice, I’m still prefer the normal fried rice I always had back in Melaka or here. But at least I’m still survived.
We came back to the hotel and later at night, went out again just to find out Kuala Terengganu life at night. It came to my surprise that the town quite quiet and it was only around 9.30pm. There was no traffic at all, you can count how many cars on the road. We went to Batu Buruk beach, and nothing happening there. I was thinking to myself, if I’m going to stay in Kuala Terengganu, how la wei. I can’t survive dow. I always complaint about Kuantan, but at least Kuantan still got the night life and you know that town not dying. This town of Terengganu where already got a status as Bandaraya, is dying at 9.30pm. How pathetic is that??? I’m still lucky I’m living in Kuantan. Hahahahah…

View from the Hotel car park, facing the Duyong Island

Day 2, Wednesday

Had early breakfast at 8.00am as we need to be at the court at 9.00am. We reached court nearly 9.00am and the claimant and lawyers already there. But the hearing only started at 10.00am and stooped at 12.45pm for lunch break and continued from 2.30pm until 4.30pm. It was a damn very good experience for me. I love to be in court. I mean for an observer. It was nice to hear the question and answer, and the way the lawyer asked the witnesses. I loved the procedure in the court. Maybe because once upon a time ago, I wanted to be a lawyer. Hahahaha. Seriously, I’d always wanted to be a lawyer but I didn’t get the opportunity to take that course. That’s why during the University time, when I had to take a law subject, i.e. Business Law and Employment Law, I scored these 2 subjects. Just because I simply loved that subject. And just few days back, I had a chance to be in a court even though not a normal court, but still a court though. I talked to my boss, Gerard, after the hearing finished and asked him to send me again if there is any other court case. Hahahaha, I know I’m sick!!!

Industrial Court, Kuala Terengganu


We stopped by at a famous market in Kuala Terengganu, ‘Pasar Payang’ and I bought a few packets of keropok for my parents.
We had our dinner in the Chinese Restaurant nearby Hotel. After dinner, we planned to go and find any pub or at least a live band. First stop was at Primula Beach Resort. Knowing that the Hotel was the biggest in the town, we though they might have the Live Band thing but unfortunately, they don’t have any. We asked the Concierge guy, and he told us there are two places that we can try out. So we drove to this one plaza first, where based on what that Concierge guy told us is a ‘club’. But when we reached there, it was actually a small room for karaoke and a snooker/pool club. Can you believe that??? Ok la, we were thinking, ok, never mind, maybe we should try the other one. So, we drove up to this hill called Desa Motel while thinking where actually those rich people here having their night life. When we reached up, from outside, we saw a lots of big cars Beemer, Mercs, etc. So we were like “Owh, this is the place la all the rich people hang out at night”. And to our surprised, that place was actually a restaurant with a Malay live band that performs those old malay songs. OMG. I can’t believe. We didn’t sit there, and left that place and went back to Hotel and wondering what the people here, especially youngsters doing at night? Or where they go? How their night life looks like? And I slept that night, with those questions in my mind.

View from the outside of the Restaurant


Day 3, Thursday

Woke up and had an early breakfast at 8am as we are leaving after that. After checked out, we went to this place called, Losong to buy nice kerepok lekor. And we dropped by at the famous Crystal Mosque but didn’t get down from the car. I was so lazy to walk around, so all of us decided just to drive around there. We left Kuala Terengganu around 11.45am and reached Kuantan about 2.30pm.

The famous Crystal Mosque in Kuala Terengganu


What an experience. Will blog about the whole experience in the court. Huhuhuhu

No comments: