JOURNALS OF LIFE THAT WILL REMAIN AS MEMORIES

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

One Of The Reason Being Busy

I was at IKIP College for 3 days to help them organized the IKIP Culinaire Challenge 2009, one of the reason I was so busy last week. Most of the time I was there with the exception of the Peoplesoft Training in the morning.

IKIP Culinaire Challenge 2009 21-23 April 2009

It was tiring. From the whole planning, organizing, managing, and etc. Owh, why I was in the picture of this competition? This competition was supported by our hotel and also Chefs Association which the Chairman is my Executive Chef and I was appointed to be the Secretary for that, just to help them in the paperwork. But looks like, I'm involve in the whole thing. I can say that I enjoy doing this extra work except being the only girl in that committee. But it's fun though. They treated their only girl like a queen.
Everything must be like, "Lina, what do u want to eat?" or "Lina, u dah makan ke?" or "Lina, are you ok?" or "can someone check whether Lina get her drinks or not?" and most of times during lunch and tea time "Lina, Chef asked you to join them for lunch/tea. Table judges ye Lina." And when first time meeting with the rest of the judges, "Oh, you are Lina is it? Finally we meet. Come, I bring something for you." Hahahaha quite fun meeting with them, especially this Executive Chef from PJ Hilton. He's damn one cool guy especially during drinking time. Glad to know you Chef!
Lina: Chef Chris, look here please. Don't be shy!
Chef Chris: Lina, don't forget to email me the picture ok!
Lina: Yes judge!
Chef Chris: Good, I'll belanja u in our coffee house
Lina: Paya Serai please. I love the decor


During the organizing phase for all the judges, I'd communicated with them almost everyday through email and phone calls. I didn't know them personally or even their face except for Chef Balan because he came last year and I met him in Singapore. So basically, I always think that they are the religious chefs that only talk about food or how to cook and what so ever. But I was wrong. They are totally different from what I thought. Don't judge the book by its cover Lina! Damn me!!

The judges talk
From left : Chef Balan (Simplot), Chef Sefrano (Area Exec Chef Hilton Group),
Chef Chris (Exec Chef, PJ Hilton), Chef Pari (Exec Chef, Hyatt Kuantan),
Chef Raymond (Exec Chef, Datai Langkawi),
Chef William (World Chefs Association)


I was so malas to capture all the picture of foods but I took the wedding cake picture for my sister. The one that won first place, obviously from my hotel. Hehehehe. Nadia kinds of like it and she wants her wedding cake to be exactly like that.

Nadia is crazy with this 14kgs cake

I can order for you Nadia, but get the money ready. Even after my discount, still mahal ok.

Back of the cake

Owh, between I also recieved a token of appreciation from IKIP during the closing ceremony. I didn't expect it. So I was shocked when they announce my name and asked me to come up to the stage. I think they should tell me earlier kan, so that I will dress properly. Doink!


She was saying & asking something related to family thingy. And she announced it to the whole ballroom. Shy la wey + I wanted to keep my profile low (mcm bagus kan)


And, apart from the that, we opened a Job Fair Booth at IKIP for Hyatt. Not that we want to hire, but just to gether the database from the students for future use. Lucky I got my girls to standby at the booth the whole 3 days.

Our booth, newly banner & School of Hospitality Brochure


I think, the whole event went well and most of the hotelier in east coast are still talking about it. Good job guys. We've made it!

Judges with the winners from Hyatt Regency Kuantan Resort

Together with PJ Hilton winners

I'm still tired but in a way, satisfied. See you during FHM 2009 in August...

No comments: