JOURNALS OF LIFE THAT WILL REMAIN AS MEMORIES

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Where I've Been For The Past One Week : Phase 1

When my sister, Nadia decided to get married somewhere last year, everybody at home was so excited. We started to plan everything. How the wedding looks like and everything. She got engaged in June this year, so basically we only have 4 months to prepare everything. I was so busy to help her coordinate almost every single thing. Not only went for a meeting, I've to deal with the respective people to get the wedding done. God, organized a wedding not a joke. It wasn't funny at all. I've to admit that I stressed out towards the big day. Nadia, being her, everything must refer to me. I took leave starting on Thursday, 8th October. And the worst thing was when I don't have enough sleep at all for about 2 weeks.
Everybody started gather at my house from Thursday onwards. My close relatives, brother's friends, and most importantly my extended family member, Audrey & Agnes came all the way from KL to help out.

Thursday, 8th October 2009
My day started as early as 7am to help my mum clean up the house for the last time. Arranged and moved all the furniture. Sent all the clothes for ironing and it continued with a few trips to town to buy things before Nadia's mak andam came to fixed her pelamin at home.

Fixing the pelamin at home in the morning

Not only at home, I need to rush to the hall to see the arrangement there for the pelamin and all before brought Nadia's to put her henna (inai) in the evening.

Amy's team fixing the pelamin at hall

My house started full with relatives and friends to help out with the goodies, cupcake by wondermilk and Kek Lapis Sarawak that just reached from KL that evening itself. Owh, I forgot to mention about a four hundred of boxes that filled with boiled eggs. All they need to do was stick the "thank you" sticker to all the gifts. Seriously it was a vomit blood thing to do when you had to look at those goodies amounted around thousand over. Luckily my close relatives and neighbour was there to help so I can escape that part. Hahahahaha

Close relatives and friends and neighbours sticking the "thank you" sticker and put the boiled eggs into the Bunga Telur

Audrey & Anes reached Kuantan around 12 something that night and they didn't sleep straight away that night. We had to finish up a few things before we went to sleep around 3 o'clock in the morning and we had to wake up early as we need to be in the hall by 9am for rehearsal on Friday morning.

Friday, 9th October 2009
Rehearsal started around 9.30am on Friday, 9th october 2009 with the person in-charge from protocol gave the briefing and do the rehearsal.

During the rehearsal. My mum was so nervous even before the actual day. Hahahaha she looked like wanna cry up there

Eventhough I wasn't involved in the rehearsal thingy, I still need to be there to look after at the flow how things gonna be for the big day. Owh, and coordinate a few things with the emcee, videographer, photographer, and also the arrangement of the table.

Ya, there was me during the rehearsal to look the flow of the whole thing

Right after rehearsal, I went to take the cakes at hotel before get ready for another ceremony at home. It was a khatam Quran with Nadia and held around 3.30pm. Not so many people as only close relatives were invited to the ceremony.

During the ceremony

I had to accompany Nadia for the Khatam Quran that day


Photo session with cousins after the ceremony


Tea time after the ceremony


Nadia & Me after the Khatam Quran


The ceremony finished around 5pm and after sent all the aunties, I had to get ready for the night ceremony, the Akad Nikah or Solemnization. Seriously it was a hectic day.
Audrey & Agnes nowhere to be found because I gave them time to rest and sleep for a while. Hahahahaha.

p/s: next entry will be the Akad Nikah (Solemnization)

3 comments:

Nazrulhad Hashim said...

uwahhhhhhhh!!!
dah langkah bendul ni.... cmner?
adik nya udah kawin..
jd.. akaknya bila yek?? :P

*kita tidak di jemput pun? :D

bgtau adik u TAHNIAH!!!

leendiaz said...

hoi!!! i ada ajak u ok. u tu buat taktau je bila i ckp

Nazrulhad Hashim said...

errr bila??
tada invitation kad pn??

:(