JOURNALS OF LIFE THAT WILL REMAIN AS MEMORIES

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

When I Haven't Find A New Hobby, I'm Stick To The Old One

Even though I always said I need a new hobby to make me occupied after work and especially over the weekends, I still love to read the most. I can't get enough of reading. I have four new books and already finished two of them.


The new books


Working Wonders - Jenny Colgan

I finished these book title Working Wonders by Jenny Colgan. It took me quite some times to finish up. It is about office life and personal crisis, where Arthur thinks he is just an ordinary guy, getting up in the morning to face another ordinary day in an ordinary town. He became a different person after an incident where he threw a photocopier machine in his office. It was hilarious though.

Young Wives' Tales - Adele Parks

I just finished "Young Wives' Tales" by Adele Parks. It is about three women who need more than a belief in happily after if they are to negotiate their way through messy modern life. Lucy stole her friend Rose's 'happily ever after' because she wanted Rose's husband, Peter & Lucy always gets what she wants. Rose was the ideal wife and is the ideal mother. Connie, a good friend to both Lucy & Rose, is stuck in the middle. She listens to Lucy as she struggles to be wife, mother, and career bitch with one ear & hears about Rose's pain at being lonely single mum with the other. Once I read this book, I can't even stop myself and there were the days that I slept only a few hours because of this book.


Eat, Pray, Love - Elizabeth Gilbert

And I'm currently reading these book by Elizabeth Gilbert- Eat, Pray, Love. I know most of you already read this book but I only in the first few pages of this book.

Eat, Pray, Love - Elizabeth Gilbert

In her early thirties, Elizabeth Gilbert had everything a modern American woman was supposed to want - husband, country home, successful career - but instead of feeling happy and fulfilled, she felt consumed by panic and confusion. This wise and rapturous book is the story of how she left behind all these outward marks of success, and of what she found in their place. Following a divorce and a crushing depression, Gilbert set out to examine three different aspects of her nature, set against the backdrop of three different culture; pleasure in Italy, devotion in India, and on the Indonesian island of Bali, a balance between worldly enjoyment and divine transcendence.
I'll give my own review after I finished the whole book.

The Alchemist - Paulo Coelho

Once I finished "Eat, Pray, Love", I'm going to read "The Alchemist" by Pauli Coelho. How I know these book? A few months back, Suren gave me a copy of these, an e-book. And I'm the traditional reader, I don't like reading an e-book where I hate staring at the computer and reading. I like to read while I'm lying around on my bed, while having my coffee, etc. So I really don't get the idea of reading the e-book. During my monthly visit to the bookstore, I saw this book and without a second thought, I bought it but yet to read.
This book is about Santiago, a young Spanish shepherd, on a journey to fulfill his Personal Legend.

I need to go and do my monthly visit soon as I only have one more book that I have yet to read.

No comments: